How To Open CSC Center – Digital Seva Registration | CSC
How to open a CSC Center in India – The following article will let you know the complete information about the procedure to apply for new CSC center & Application procedure.
Common Service Centers are introduced to provide all the public utility services, offered by Central Government under Digital seva, to all the citizens irrespective of the Rural and Remote areas they are residing in. This is the part of an e-Governance Scheme which can also be coined as Digital India.
CSC Digital Seva is the official online portal for the Customers to access all the services provided by the Government through the digital seva registration portal. One can register an account and can access so many banking, utility, financial inclusion services.
With the help of this article, you can know the procedure of how to open a CSC center under digital seva registration portal.
Digital Seva Registration – New CSC
With the help of the digital seva registration portal candiates can now open a new CSC center in their area. Below we cover the complete procedure to apply for new Common service center online.
Any Specific individual who is interested in running a Common Service Center and fulfills all the conditions in the eligibility criteria can apply online for the new CSC Center.
- Visit the official Digital Seva Registration Portal i.e, https://register.csc.gov.in/register/fresh
- On the Homepage, go to the section “Useful Links“.
- Click on the “Interested to become a CSC” under that section.
- You will be redirected to a registration page where you can register.
- Then Click on the “For CSC Registration, Click Here” option on the page.
In the following page, you have to enter your details like Aadhaar number in its respective column. After that, the candidate has to choose the authentication option from the following three options.
- IRIS Authentication
- Finger Print
- One Time Password
After selecting the Authentication type, the candidate has to click on the “Proceed” button below. Applicant has to go through the OTP process. So, the candidate has to click on the “Generate OTP” option which will send you the OTP to your registered mobile number.
Applicant’s personal details like Mobile Data, e-mail Id, Name, Address, etc will be automatically filled from the UIDAI database.
After filling up the OTP and getting verification done, the candidate has to upload the Geo-tagged image of the CSC Center. After all of this procedure, click on the “Submit” button at the bottom.
On the Submission of the Application online, the Applicant will be given an acknowledgement number which will be sent to the applicant through SMS or e-mail.
That’s it. You almost done and now you can read the below procedure on how to open a csc center and requirements for it.
Eligibility & Requirements
If any Candidate wants to open a Common service in his/her area, then they must be eligible to participate in the CSC Scheme. The basic and only conditions under the Eligibility Criteria are listed below and explained briefly.
- The desired person should be a local person.
- Applicant should have a minimum age of 18 years.
- Candidate should have passed matriculation or equivalent board examination.
- Applicant should be very fluent in reading & writing the local language.
- The candidate should have a minimum knowledge of English language.
- The Applicant should also know Computer Skills.
These are the Eligibility Criteria and also some of the other requirements in a person to assign him/her a Common Service Center in their area. The infrastructure of the CSC is also shared and explained here in this article.
- Room/ Building should be 100-150 sq.ft.
- Two PCs with UPS of 5 hours of backup battery.
- Two Printers (Inkjet & Dot Matrix).
- Hard Disk Drive of at least 120 GB.
- Digital Camera/Web Cam.
- CD/DVD Drive.
Features of the CSC’s
The following list consists of the features of the Common Service Centres (CSC’s) which are useful for the customers who visit the Digital seva rather than visiting the Government offices and banks to avail some customer services.
- Government to Citizens (G2C) services.
- Offering Quality Educational and health services to all remote areas.
- To provide Business to Citizens (B2C) services to all the customers in the area.
- It delivers all the Services to every citizen with total transparency.
Since the starting of those CSCs, the government is providing many services and schemes to the people who are living in the Rural and Remote areas.
Digital seva is started under Digital India Programme.
Also, so many instructions and all guidelines are given to the candidates who are interested in applying for the Common Service Centers (CSCs). One has to follow all of these instructions while registering for those Common Service Centers.
If you still have any doubts about how to open a CSC center or Digital Seva portal leave a comment here.