PMGDisha – Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Abhiyan
PMGDisha – Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyaan or PMGDISHA is the scheme which was introduced by the present Prime Minister of India, Sri. Narendra Modi, in the year 2017 with motive and an aim to make one person in every rural family household digitally literate.
The Government has decided to make 6 crore persons in Rural areas digitally literate by the year 2019. They want to reach 40% of rural households to be digitally literate so that they could make a profession out of their skills learned through the PMGDISHA scheme.
This aim or motive on which the PMGDISHA Scheme was introduced is to be achieved by the 31st March 2019 as per the plan announced by the Prime Minister himself.
Objectives of PMGDISHA
Through this PMGDISHA Scheme, Government is trying to digitally empower citizens in rural areas or in remote areas by training them in the PMGDISHA centers in which basic information about the Computers and other electronic devices are lectured.
The following are the objectives under the PMGDISHA scheme for those candidates who involved in the training conducted by the PMGDISHA.
- how to operate a Computer and other Digital Devices.
- how to Send and Recieve e-mails.
- how to Browse on the internet.
- how to Access some/all of the provided Government Services.
- how to Search for Information on the Internet.
- how to undertake the Digital Payments.
All these are taught during their course in the PMGDISHA Center. After knowing all of the above-mentioned objectives the individual who comes out of the training will have an ability to use all those skills to get himself/herself a professional.
Also, this PMGDISHA scheme will give the person a chance to participate in the process of Nation Building.
This scheme will also give the person to apply all those technical applications in his/her daily life purposes to send an e-mail, to apply for any examination or any government legal document etc.
Using the skills and information about the latest technology and its applications will become easy when the candidate completes his/her course in the PMGDISHA Center.
Through this PMGDISHA scheme, specifically rural areas population including all the backward categories such as Scheduled Castes (SCs), Scheduled Tribes (STs), Other Minority categories, below Poverty Line (BPL) Category people, Women will be educated under this scheme so that there will be at least one person who is digitally literate from every family household.
About the PMGDisha Course
To register for the PMGDISHA course as a Candidate, he/she has to complete his/her KYC verification and should sign the declaration by agreeing to all the terms and conditions which are instructed in the agreement.
Also, the terms and conditions will be shared with the particular examination agencies and PMGDISHA training centers for the purpose of obtaining Certificates and also for the training purposes respectively.
- One person from each family household will be selected to make him/her digitally literate.
- Age of the candidate can be in between 14 – 60 years for PMGDISHA Course.
- The Course Duration will be 20 hours.
- The course can be taken from a minimum of 10 days to a maximum of 30 days.
- The medium of coaching during the course will be in the local languages.
For the candidates or applicants who are interested in joining the PMGDISHA course are no need to pay any type of Application fee and Certification fee as the Government is providing the PMGDISHA Course for free.
Interested and eligible candidates have to enroll for the course.
TO enroll for the PMGDISHA Course, the candidates have to visit the nearest PMGDISHA Center or training centers or any Common Service Center (CSC). Fill up the application form and get registered for the PMGDISHA Course.
By the end of completion of the course, National Level Verifying agency NIELIT, NIOS, IGNOU, HKCL, ICTACT, NIESBUD etc will conduct the Independent external evaluation etc. for the candidates who complete the course, in order to certify the students with the PMGDISHA Certificate.
The PMGDISHA Scheme will be implemented by the CSC e-Governance Services Limited under the guidance and rules of the Ministry of Electronics & Information technology with the active collaboration of all the State Governments and Administrations of the Union Territories.
The government has spent so much on implementing some of the CSCs in so many areas as many NGOs also helped financially and to participate in the PMGDISHA scheme to run it successfully by starting training centers in educational institutions.
So much manpower has worked to bring the PMGDISHA to wheels and to move it towards the main goal.
- The PMGDISHA is implemented only in rural and remote areas in our country.
- Any candidate can register to PMGDSHA scheme in the nearest CSCs.
- Interested and eligible candidate can register to the PMGDISHA course using his/her Aadhaar number.
- Training Centers will provide unique PMGDISHA Login Password and Username to the registered candidates.
- By the end of the course, the candidate has to attend the examination to get certified.
- Attendance is also taken on a daily basis to keep track of students.
One has to complete all the courses, assessments, examinations conducted and held by the PMGDISHA training center. Also, he/she should the minimum number of hours to even appear for any examination. After all of this one get certified by the National certification agencies namely NIELIT, NIOS, ICTACT, HKCL, NIESBUD etc.
Certificates are issued to the candidates who are passed in all the examinations conducted by the respective PMGDISHA center.
The certificate is issued by the above-mentioned Certification agencies. After successful certification of the candidate, the training cost will be released to the training agencies by the CSC-SPV centers.
Eligibility Criteria For PMGDISHA
Eligibility Household: Any rural family household is generally comprised of the Head of the Family, Spouse, Children, and Parents. As per the Government’s PMGDISHA scheme, all those households should contain at least one member who is digitally literate. The government also provides PMGDISHA course to educate such candidates.
- The Beneficiary should be Digitally Literate.
- Only one person from each eligible household is considered for training.
- Age Group should be in between 14 – 60 years.
The Priority in enrolling the candidates for the PMGDISHA course will be given to the following candidates,
- Non-Smartphone Users, Antyodaya Households, College Drop-outs, Participants of Literacy Mission.
- Digitally Illiterate Students from the 9th to 10th classes.
- Preference would be given to all SC/ST, BPL, Women and differentially-abled persons etc.
Candidates who registered to get the PMGDISHA Login course will be given a unique username and password, Login credentials, to everyone based on their Aadhaar number details which are taken during the Registration. With those credentials, they can be able to get an access to the PMGDISHA login Platform.
Using these PMGDISHA login Details, candidates can be able to enter their PMGDISHA accounts at any time from any device through the PMGDISHA Login platform. But all of those general candidates should undergo through the PMGDISHA Exam who wish to obtain the PMGDISHA certificates from the certification agencies mentioned above.